Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just thinking back...

I was reading some of my older posts and they were reminding me of some of the wonderful changes in my kids in the last 8 months.

Genna...wow...she has deprogrammed and really come into her own.  She still doesn't like to be wrong, but we rarely have tears anymore over simple and few mistakes.  In the beginning if I corrected her paper and found something wrong she pretty often would be in tears or very angry.  I'm just now realizing how that response is all but gone in the last few months.  YAY!

Thomas is still as sweet as ever, but he is a stinker and thinks he is big.  LOL  Here is a funny example...while doing his addition he'll stall (for time to think) by saying "This is soooo easy."  Cracks me up!  Also, he is reading...however...the word "but" makes him laugh every time he reads it.  He can say it 100 times and not laugh, but when he reads it he is all giggles.  He knows it is not "butt"....but he can't help himself.  He is a crazy boy.  :)

Moms and dads, do you own a digital kitchen timer?  If you don't, you should!  I started with using it to train Genna to avoid wasting time while completing assignments.  In other words, FOCUS on what you are supposed to be doing and not on everything else happening around you.  This is one of those awesome traits she inherited from her momma.  I know I struggled with this in school, and I may not be able to fix myself, but I can help my kids!  We even use it for the shower some nights.  Because, my kids have a problem understanding the words "please hurry up" or "take a quick shower/bath."  Now, on the nights when I need for them to be fast, I set the timer.  This method is working so well for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment