Monday, June 6, 2011

The Life and Times of this Homeschooling Mom

So, as you know, I'm not only a mom and educator...I'm also a part-time portrait photographer.  This is a work at home job.  There is only one problem...it is really difficult to find the hours in this home to sit at the computer and get into the photo editing frame of mind.  It isn't something you want to start...stop...start...stop for laundry, meals, entertaining kids, etc.  Obviously, I can't do it during schoolwork.  Trust me, I've tried!  LOL  If my attention is on editing it is similar to the teacher walking out of the room.  Editing takes concentration and focus.  I totally tune out everything going on around me when I'm in the zone.

Therefore...guess when I have time to edit photos.  At night.  When everyone in my house is sleeping!  Actually, yesterday I started mid afternoon because Kevin was home and took care of the kids and cooked our dinner.  I stayed up editing until 5am...and I wasn't even tired.  I was so happy to be accomplishing something!  This happens a lot.  It makes me a little sleepy the next day, but it is worth it!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and I was greeted with an e-mail from Brandy that included a prayer from a homeschool mom.  Seemed fitting to share it here.  It is all true and the beginning is funny!  And, without God and humor...well, I wouldn't be able to do all of the jobs I do!  :)  Admittedly...I do some better than others.  LOL


He maketh me to live on less sleep:
He leadeth me through the noise of many voices.

He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me to teach
The right lessons each day, for His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of undone
Laundry and kitchen messes, I will fear no evil:
For thou art with me, my teacher's guides and
Answer keys, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence
Of threatening school officials and critical family members:
Thou anointest my head with heavenly wisdom, my cup runneth over.

Surely educated and godly children shall follow after me
All the days of my life: and I will dwell again one day
In a clean house with the Lord forevermore.

Praise God, we do have a good Shepherd who leads us through every homeschooling problem and provides for our every need. Best of all, our Shepherd knows us and promises never to desert us when the wolf comes seeking to destroy (John 10:11-13). When we listen to the Shepherd's voice and follow Him, we are sure to receive a great reward as we reach the peaceful green pastures of Christ-like, educated children. "And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away" (1 Peter 5:4).

Father, how I praise You for leading my children and me in the path of homeschooling. Without You, we surely would be confused and lost. We come to You again this day and pray for Your continued blessings as we follow You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment